Re: Oracle Bug?

From: <xhoster_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Apr 2005 22:15:42 GMT

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote: ...

> REASON SCNNO
> -------------------- ----------
> TX1 17381335
> ATX 17381335
> TX2 17381336
>
> Why is the record committed the PRAGMA AUTONOMOUX_TRANSACTION
> getting the same SCN as TX1 and why is TX1 not getting the
> same SCN as TX2? It just seems wrong.

I don't understand what part of it seems wrong to you. For each insert, the function returns the SCN in effect at that time the function was evaluated. Oracle can't give out the SCN that will be in effect when the TX commits, because Oracle won't know what that SCN is until the commit happens, at which time it can't retroactively change the SCN that it reported previously.

Out of curiosity, what happens if the outer transaction is done at serializable isolation level? (I don't have 10g handy to play with)

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service                        $9.95/Month 30GB