Re: What are the ports involved with DB Link

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 22 Apr 2005 14:33:03 -0700

The firewall that surrounds the other network must be oracle-aware (some older ones are not). The fact that you can use sqlplus may indicate this is not the problem, but it depends on the various .ora files on the client and the dblink client (as in Sybrand's first circumvention).

Do you have server=dedicated in your tnsnames.ora's? Are you using global_dbnames?

Note: 207303.1 indicates that if you are not on 817 it has never been supported.

Note: 1079225.6 has some ideas in case you are screwing up your service_names and tnsnames.ora and such.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Leave me alone AARP!  Please God, I'm only 48.