Re: Real World Experience of Oracle RAC and its ability to Scale

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 21 Apr 2005 17:21:57 -0700

> You are incorrect that RAC is typically deployed with less than 5
nodes

> Not one of the RAC projects I have worked or bid on this year has
been
> less than 4 nodes. So while there may be many of them ... "typical"
> does indeed have a meaning and "most" <> "typical" in English.

synonyms REGULAR, NORMAL, TYPICAL, NATURAL mean being of the sort or kind that is expected as usual, ordinary, or average.

I think you have confused yourself. First you said less than 5 nodes. Perhaps math is not a strong point for you, but 4 is less than 5.

If your experience is with 4 node clusters (yes I have seen a bunch of them), then you just corrected yourself.

Pending other statistics or information from oracle, from what I know and see the vast majority of rac installations are 2 or 4 node installs. Received on Thu Apr 21 2005 - 19:21:57 CDT