Re: Creating and Starting Oracle instance...

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:45:29 +0200

p.valerio_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I have installed Oracle 8.1.7 on a sun machine running Solaris 8. I
> have checked several on line suggestions for Oracle pre-requisits and
> have downloaded the patches. The problem is that it hangs on 1% when
> is "Creating and starting Oracle instance" I read a similar problem
> and it said to be patient and give it like 2 hours? Its been like this
> for more than that.
>
> Thank you in advance...

Exactly *how* do you create and start your instance?!? Looks like some GUI tool (dbca?).
What parameters did you change? If none - there's the problem, at least on a 512M machine...

If you used dbca - do it agin, and now do *not* let dbca create and start, but *only* save the script.

Do you have oracle sowftare owner and groups? Traditionally, oracle (user), dba and oinstall

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel