Seondary Unique index on Workspace - version enabled tables (9i specific)

From: Mike <mike.jones_at_xenicom.com>
Date: 21 Apr 2005 04:55:17 -0700

As part of a project we are using Oracle Workspace manager, and version enabling several tables. We need to have secondary unique indexes on version enabled tables. The docs say that this is not possible in 9 (but is in 10).

As a work around we were thinking of having another table outside of the WS that has the secondary unique index columns as it's PK and the base table it is from as the base tables all have the same columns for the secondary unique index(We could make it an IOT as it would have no other columns). Changes to the base (version enabled) tables would then be bounced to the other non version enabled table via triggers.

I wondered if anyone else has had this problem, and what they did about it bar dropping the secondary unique indexes or upping to 10. or if anyone would care to comment on my suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

Mike. Received on Thu Apr 21 2005 - 06:55:17 CDT