Re: What are the ports involved with DB Link

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:04:50 +0200

ryerras wrote:
> Yes I am able to connect to the server DB02 from DB01 through sqlplus
> successfully and do the operations. As others have suggested dblink is
> the only issue. I create the dblink with the following syntax
>
> create database link XXXEXT_XXX
> connect to XXXX
> identified by XXXX
> using 'tnsentry';
>
> After the link is created, I do test the link as follows
> select 1 from dual_at_XXXEXT_XXX;
>
> And I get a tns timeout error.
>
> I am sure there is no syntax error with the db link. Its so puzzling
> for me why I am able to do regular select operations connecting
> directly to the DB02, but not through dblink between DB01 and DB02. I
> really appreciate you guys trying to help me solve the issue

Still... no platform.
If windows, and multiple installs, you may have your path setting off: sql used is from another setup than the database.

Remember, database links are server/server connections, that is, DB01 is the *client* to DB02. Hence, the tnsnames.ora on the DB01 side must be OK.
Still assuming you used sql*plus on the DB01 machine. If not - you missed the point made earlier.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel