Re: Creating and Starting Oracle instance...

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 20 Apr 2005 19:33:12 -0700

Valerio wrote:
> Thanks David
> Patches were the following SUNWarc, SUNWbtool, SUNWhea, SUNWlibm,
> SUNWlibms, SUNWsprot, SUNWtoo.
> I added the following lines to the end of my /etc/system file:
>
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
> set semsys:seminfo_semmns=2000
> set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=1000
> set semsys:seminfo_semmni=100
> set semsys:seminfo_semopm=100
> set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767
>
> I have not changed anything in init.ora.
> Thanks again...

How much RAM is configured in this server?

It matters not if you've changed anythiing in the init.ora file, the current contents are of particular interest in this case, as you cannot start the instance and, as such, cannot create a database.

Please post your init.ora file contents. Until you do, it is difficult to determine WHY the instance isn't starting.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Apr 20 2005 - 21:33:12 CDT