Re: export with consistent=y raise snapshot too old error.

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:31:08 +0800

yoke wang wrote:

> Hi,
> It raises
> EXP-00056: ORACLE error 1555 encountered
> ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 2 with name
> "_SYSSMU2$" too small
> when I do an export with consistent=y option.
> And I find below information in alert_orcl.log
> Wed Apr 20 07:50:01 2005
> SELECT /*+NESTED_TABLE_GET_REFS+*/ "XXX"."TABLENAME".* FROM
> "XXX"."TABLENAME"
> ORA-01555 caused by SQL statement below (Query Duration=1140060307
> sec, SCN: 0x0000.00442609):
> Maybe the rollback tablespace is too small(about 300M)?
> Any suggestions will be very appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> wy.

Need your rollback segments to last longer which typically means larger or run your export whilst there is less activity on your system

hth

--
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish,
and...he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"