online redef

From: Oradba Linux <techiey2k3_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 20:07:48 -0400

Why should there be a restriction on putting the interim table in nologging mode during online redef? I tried doing a redef putting the interim table in nologging mode and it worked without any issues. It generated less redo and finished quicker. I tested with a small table. I want to know why that restriction exists.

Oracle 9iR2 / Solaris

Thanks Received on Tue Apr 19 2005 - 19:07:48 CDT