Re: SQL*Plus web interface

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:03:50 GMT

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:43:43 +0200, you interested us by writing:

> I have an Oracle 9i database installed on Windows XP.
> I would like to be able to access the Oracle server through SQL*Plus web
> interface. The Apache server that is provided with oracle seems to be
> running but I can't access the SQL*Plus. What should I do?
> Thank you.

Thanks for specifying the version and OS.

Your specific question is answered in the "SQL*Plus User's Guide and Reference Release 9.2" found at http://docs.oracle.com - see Chapter 3, section on "Enabling or Disabling iSQL*Plus" When reading that document remember, the port was defined at DB creation but is often 7777 !

This changes somewhat per version - for 10g you simply use "isqlplusctl start"

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com