ora-12162 error on Solaris

From: Ian <estacey_at_chariot.net.ZZ>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 00:10:43 +0930

Hi,
My pro*C application is giving me and odd error:

Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12162

Don't know whats causing this. The application seems to run on my uni server OK?
I looked for some answers and the closest thing to 12621 was related to tns problems. However I can connect OK to the database, run queries etc with no problems.
I am using Solaris 10(X86) and oracle 10g on a standalone machine if this helps.
Any help as to what is going wrong appreciated regards
Ian

change the ZZ if direct reply, thanks Received on Tue Apr 19 2005 - 09:40:43 CDT