Re: Made stupid mistake, how can I recover?

From: Jesse <jesjdavis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Apr 2005 08:42:58 -0700

First a few questions... You've rebooted right? Does XP get to the ctrl-alt-del logon screen (and is still responsive)? It sounds like it does since you've indicated that you've tried to logon. How far does it get before the computer goes unresponsive? Does it freeze, BSOD, or what?

If it gets to ctrl-alt-del and you have more than one PC at home, you can (in XP) right-click on "My Computer," and run "Manage." When comp mgmt comes up, right-click on "Computer Management (Local)" and choose "Connect to another computer..." From there, you can specify the PC that's having a problem and get into it's services where you can disable all of the Oracle Services.

If that doesn't work or if you only have one PC (or no network), you can try booting up in Safe Mode (F8 as it starts to load XP). Not sure if that'll be of much use though.

Let us know...

Jesse Received on Mon Apr 18 2005 - 10:42:58 CDT