Re: tablespaces & schemas

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:37:54 -0700

gaddoz wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm getting ORA-01950 error, when I try to create a table with sys user in
> the tablespace users.
> The sys user have unlimited tablespace system privilege granted... so why
> sys can't use tablespace users?

I don't know but I do know that you should not be doing what you are doing. So why are you doing it?

> And another problem... if I create a tables with userOne, why sys can't
> grant any privilege to UserTwo?

Have you read the concept docs?

> Only the owner of the table can grant privilege to other user? There is no
> way?
> Can I change the owner of a table?

No.

> Excuse me.. but I'm getting crazy trying to administer tablespace and
> schemas...
> Thank you!
>
> Gaddoz

Perhaps because you jumped into administering what you didn't invest any time in trying to understand. You really have no business doing anything as SYS that you seem to be doing.

I don't mean to be rude here but close SQL*Plus. Open your browser. Go to http://tahiti.oracle.com and learn about the security model and the proper uses of SYS and SYSTEM before getting back into what seems to be the making of an expensive mess.

Education != Insanity

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington