Re: Are Oracle DBAs trivialized?

From: <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2005 20:22:43 -0700

You sure make it sound so easy that if a DBA wants to use RMAN, he can easily convince management? When it comes to backup/recovery, Data Centers have their standards. Unless management knows Oracle Database Amdinstration or let you make decision, it is hard battle. If people are used to some tool for backup such as SQL Backtrack, they don't want to switch. If data center does not kbow about ASM, it can take a very long time to
convince. It is like if some data center standardized on using HP UNIX, they do not like using anything else such as Solaris, Linux etc even if those brands may be cheaper.

DBA's had hard job, on one hand they have to keep with latest and greatest Oracle skills, on the other hand depending on where they work, they may not be able to use most of new features.

I have been wanting to use Oracle Application Server in some project, but my company uses WebLogic.

Prem Received on Sun Apr 17 2005 - 22:22:43 CDT