Re: PL/SQL newbie question

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2005 16:40:15 -0700

Rick Silvers wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am new to PL/SQL, come from a COBOL/DB2/iSeries world. I have a
question
> about Packages, Procedures.
> I want to create a Package, that will have several Procedures and
will have
> a CURSOR declared in the Package
> which can be opened and fetched and passed to all the procedures in
the
> package. The select statement in the cursor
> returns 50 rows. I need to be able to loop thru and pass each fetched
row to
> the procedures in the Package.
>
> Can someone share an example on how to do this ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rick Silvers

Have you gave it a try yet? Do you have some code that you have written where someone may be able to add to or correct? In the absence of that and Oracle/OS version... you can visit http://tahiti.oracle.com where you can search for Package definition and examples.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Sun Apr 17 2005 - 18:40:15 CDT