new opatch and/or Apr2005CPU on hpux rac

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 16 Apr 2005 14:02:49 -0700

FYI for anyone interested. I spent a long afternoon in here and am finishing restoring OH and inventory.

If you start running latest opatch and you see something like this in your environment.

This node is part of an Oracle Real Application Cluster.   Local node is "NULL"
  Nodes are: wwwwwwww xxxxxxx yyyyyyy zzzzzzz Please shut down all Oracle instances running out of this ORACLE_HOME on all nodes.

Then you may run into what I had fun with today. Guessing that latest changes made in opatch and how it detects nodes in a RAC environment may not work on all platforms.

The Local node is "NULL" ... hmmmm well then what system are you running on opatch?

Once oracle support identifies a bug I will update. Received on Sat Apr 16 2005 - 16:02:49 CDT