Re: trigger problem

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 18:40:38 +0800

Michel Cadot wrote:

> "Connor McDonald" <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de
> |
> | We adopted a different strategy - when developers log on to our
> | development databases we see if you've come through the allowable
> | channel (ie, our list of allowable development products).
> |
> | if not, we submit a job to check through v$open_cursor - most products
> | have some "signature" queries that reveal what they are, even if the
> | developer has renamed toad etc etc.
>
> Can you say us more about these signatures?
>
> Regards
> Michel Cadot
>

> | We did this for licensing issues (ie, we are not TOAD licensed but heaps
> | of developers had brought in their own hacked versions).
> |
> | But the same process could be used for the OP's requirement.
> | --
> | Connor McDonald
> | Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"
> | Co-author: "Oracle Insight - Tales of the OakTable"
> |
> | web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
> | web: http://www.oaktable.net
> | email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com
> |

> | "GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish,
> | and...he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Start up Toad (or any tool that you want to "learn" about), and connect to the database. Then from another session, run a query to v$open_cursor for the sid that's running Toad. You can see the queries that Toad runs right after connection.

So now your trigger does the same in reverse - when someone's start a database session, submit a database job that runs 5 seconds from now and checks v$open_cursor for the sid that just connected. If its got Toad-line queries, then that session can be logged/killed/audited etc etc

hth
connor