Re: remove oracle 8.1.5. from an unix server

From: <ed.stevens_at_comcast.net>
Date: 15 Apr 2005 05:47:31 -0700

Luciano Talarico (talarico.it) wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:01:09 +0200, Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> [CUT]
> >
> > - Find a terminal with X-windows
> > - log in as the user oracle
> > - run dbca
> > - delete the database
> > - exit dbca
> > - run orainst
>
> hi,
> first of all thanks for your replay.
> My problem is that on the Digital Unix server I can not
> fine orainst. I think that the previusly system administrator
> remove the installation file for file system full problem.
>
> > - list your installed products
> > - check them all
> > - Now click remove.
> >
> > And of course this is all documented in the installation manual.
>
> Can you give me information about a manual uninstall procedure ?
>
> > BTW 8.1.7 is hardly new, moreover it is desupported. You should
> > upgrade to 9..2.0.6
>
> This is an other problem, on my Unix Server (DEC 4.0G) I can not
install
> higher version of Oracle if I upgrade the system to DEC 5.0 then I
can
> install Oracle 9i for example.
>
> Please tell my How to manual unistall oracle 8.1.5.
> many many thanks
> LT

It's just unix, it's all just files. What's wrong with rm? You can find which files to delete for the database itself by 'select file_name from dba_data_files;' Your init<sid>.ora will tell you where your bdump and other files are located. $ORACLE_HOME will tell you where the product is installed. Find the file 'oratab' (different locations on different OS's) and delete it.

This is a destructive, heavy-handed approach, but you DID say you wanted to completely remove all traces of Oracle, right? Received on Fri Apr 15 2005 - 07:47:31 CDT