Re: Apply new redo logs from original db to restored db

From: <hosea.basis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Apr 2005 03:00:22 -0700

Hi all

Thanks for your replies. Let me restate it clearer. I am not going to create a standby database. This is just a question that came across my mind.

  1. Copy Instance_a to Instance_b
  2. startup Instance_b but absolutely no activity or whatsoever.
  3. Instance_a is alive and has changes and new scn
  4. now, if i want Instance_b to kept up_to_date, i can do the below 4.1) a current control file from Instance_a 4.2) copy to Instance_b 4.3) startup mount Instance_b 4.4) apply the offline logs.

The understanding is that once u open the database with the resetlogs command. There is no way that u can get instance_a and instance_b to be in sync by the log files since the SCNs will be out of synchronisation.

Please advise. Received on Fri Apr 15 2005 - 05:00:22 CDT