Re: remove oracle 8.1.5. from an unix server

From: Luciano Talarico (talarico.it) <luciano_at_RIMUOVISPAM.talarico.it>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:08:13 GMT

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:01:09 +0200, Sybrand Bakker wrote: [CUT]

> - Find a terminal with X-windows
> - log in as the user oracle
> - run dbca
> - delete the database
> - exit dbca
> - run orainst

hi,
first of all thanks for your replay.
My problem is that on the Digital Unix server I can not fine orainst. I think that the previusly system administrator remove the installation file for file system full problem.

> - list your installed products
> - check them all
> - Now click remove.
>
> And of course this is all documented in the installation manual.

Can you give me information about a manual uninstall procedure ?

> BTW 8.1.7 is hardly new, moreover it is desupported. You should
> upgrade to 9..2.0.6

This is an other problem, on my Unix Server (DEC 4.0G) I can not install higher version of Oracle if I upgrade the system to DEC 5.0 then I can install Oracle 9i for example.

Please tell my How to manual unistall oracle 8.1.5. many many thanks
LT Received on Fri Apr 15 2005 - 03:08:13 CDT