re-structure tablespace

From: John Wood <jwood_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 05:16:18 GMT

Hi there...

I am using Oracle 9.2 on Window 2000 platform. When I first build a database, I created a tablespace of 60G. It consisted of two 30G data filest.

And now I found that I only need 30G for the tablespace. I would like to re-size the tablespace and at the same time, use smaller file size, say 4G. What would be the easiest way to do, other than export and re-import the whole tablespace ?

Can I export with transport_tablespace option; drop the tablespace, then import with the transport_tablespace option ? Can I specify filesize=4G in transportable tablespace export ?

Thanks in advance.

JW Received on Fri Apr 15 2005 - 00:16:18 CDT