Re: Materialized view replication problem

From: Eric de Redelijkheid <ericdere_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:30:43 +0200

Anno Domini 14-4-2005 13:44, Bing Wu sprak aldus:

> Hi,
>
> I have setup a materialized view replication between 2 remote 10g
> servers. It seems everything is working fine except scheduled
> refreshing is NOT working. Then I tried manual refreshing with
> DBMS_MVIEW.REFRESH command and it works thus eliminates firewall issues.
>
> The command I used to create materialized is:
>
> CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW SCOT.EMP
> TABLESPACE USERS
> REFRESH FAST WITH PRIMARY KEY
> START WITH SYSDATE
> NEXT SYSDATE + 1/(24*60)
> AS (SELECT * FROM SCOT.EMP_at_REMOTE_SITE);
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Tia,
>
> Bing

There is a parameter you must set for automatic replication to work. I thought it was job_queue_processes and it should be set to a minimum of 1.

And the remote user should have select rights granted directly to all the views/tables on that remote schema (not through a role I mean and of course only in case the remote user is not the owner of the objects).

At least this is what I came across on a similar problem on a 9iR2 database. Received on Thu Apr 14 2005 - 10:30:43 CDT