switchover a physical standby with arch when primary crashes.

From: yoke wang <cnwy_at_263.net>
Date: 14 Apr 2005 01:42:41 -0700

Hi,
  I am new to Oracle DataGuard(Oracle9204).   Can I switchover a physical standby to primary in arch mode when primary system becomes unavailable?
  I can't find the definitive answer from the document <Oracle Data Guard Concepts and Administration>.From chapter "Role Management",only the standby database with standby logfile can be swithover(after REGISTER PHYSICAL LOGFILE) in such case.Is that right?   Any suggestions will be very appreciated.

Thanks.

wy. Received on Thu Apr 14 2005 - 03:42:41 CDT