Re: Full import from 8.1.7 to 9i release 2

From: ErkkaH <evs_at_poista.pp.inet.fi>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 06:12:59 GMT

Hi!

I have, can do... In case you have been using older features (like dictionary based tablespace mgm from 7.xx) on your 8i DB, I would even go as far as recommending EXP/IMP procedure in DB upgrade.

It should be a supported path, at least I got support for a few glitches using TAR

If I recall right (awhile back...) the procedure went about as follows: - Don't set up archiving in DB creation process, it wont work on 9.2.0.5, there's some bug in DBCA, set it up later manually after IMP

- Set up REDO's and CTL's
- Make all TEMP tablespaces and datafiles before IMP
- Make the data tablespaces & datafiles before IMP, this way you can use
locally managed and automated space mgm features etc.
- run the IMP
- after that use startup migrate and run catpatch
- after that run utlrp

...and you should be all set

I would recommend a test run or two before you move the production DB. But remember that before the actual production DB transfer you should create a new DB from scratch for it. If you do more than one (full) import on the same DB, future patchsets (like 9.2.0.6) will fail because of a bug in ULTRASEARCH section in catpatch...

"Ora Dummy" <oradummy_at_yahoo.com> kirjoitti viestissä:1113451863.082371.172560_at_f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...