Re: Ssh, Putty, Tunnel and Ora-12541 Error

From: Dario <thebedroom71_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:46:26 +0200

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> ha scritto nel messaggio news:tv1r51djskfjq1nt5eqccnfr5igh432sbv_at_4ax.com...
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 22:49:32 +0200, "Dario" <thebedroom71_at_hotmail.com>
> wrote:

> You are aware 127.0.0.1 is the localhost addy (so it will NEVER EVER
> send anything from your system to any other system)

i know 127.0.0.1 is the localhost, but i think is putty that has to forward any request to the session opened (in the same way i connect to mysql, webmin, and many others services...)

> You did check you actually have a listener running?

i think the listener on the server is running: if i try without the tunnel all it works (but in the future i have to use the tunnel)

> Why do you believe the error message is wrong and you need more hacks
> to put yourself deeper in trouble?

because i'm a newbie!

> Why are you running NT4. It was desupported ages ago!

thank you for the news. well, maybe you can tell me also if st.Claus exists...

btw, if there's an nt4 server, it's because actually cannot be upgraded !!!

bye,
dario Received on Wed Apr 13 2005 - 16:46:26 CDT