Re: oracle sql loader ?

From: Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:40:37 +0200

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:09:09 +0200, Chuck wrote (in article <1113407941.08a4b203bc812223dafbcbbbe69466d5_at_bubbanews>):

> oakleyx wrote:

>> ya but our customers can create there own csv file so the order is
>> always different
>>
>> -dan
>>

> You'll either need...
>
> 1) Force the customers to export the data with the proper column order
> 2) rearrange the columns yourself (Excel on Windoze, awk or perl on
> unix), or
> 3) use a separate control file for each customer.

Or use an external table and make the customer to also export a header line so you can figure it all out in pl/sql to insert the data in the correct order in the table.

With kind regards / met vriendelijke groeten, Ronald

http://ciber.nl
http://homepage.mac.com/ik_zelf/oracle Received on Wed Apr 13 2005 - 13:40:37 CDT