Re: Recover erased records.

From: Scott Mattes <Scott_at_TheMattesFamily.ws>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:27:32 -0400

MĒ Carmen Lozano wrote:
> I yesterday erased of a table 200 registries by error, would like to know
> that I can do for being able to recover them. If there is some file that
> keeps all the erased information, or daily a backup is made with the command
> cpio of UNIX.
> Can somebody help me?
> Regards,
> Noriepa

It is too late now, but right after you realize the error has been made you *might* be able to recover them with DBMS_FLASHBACK or DBMS_WM (WM stands for Workspace Manager).

DBMS_FLASHBACK lets you set your session to *see* into the past, say before the rows were deleted and then the change was commited. Play with it now to be ready to use it later.

DBMS_WM requires some setup before hand, but it strikes me as an excellant method of doing repeatable debugging or development work (if only our shop had had the time to implement this when we needed it so that they didn't have to make the time to restore the DB so many times). Received on Wed Apr 13 2005 - 09:27:32 CDT