What is the file hc_<sid>.dat used for?

From: GeoPappas <PappasG_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Apr 2005 06:37:17 -0700

I noticed that when you create a new database, that there is a file that is located in the $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory (where the init.ora is usually located) that is named "hc_<db_name>.dat"

On my system (Solaris 2.9) it is 1552 bytes and if you cat the file you get:

DO NOT DELETE OR OVERWRITE THIS FILE!!!
öD

Does anyone know what this is used for? Received on Wed Apr 13 2005 - 08:37:17 CDT