Re: Daylight Savings Time Translation Error with Oracle 8i

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:45:53 +0200

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:46:08 GMT, David Sanabria <david.sanabria_at_morte_spam.thehartford.mortespam.com> wrote:

>Two questions:
>1) How can I verify the GMT offset that Solaris is using
>2) Once #1 is known, what is the recommended course to address this
>issue (assumed to be: Change to correct TZ or offset).

  1. TZ is ordinarily set in /etc/profile IIRC, it is always set, so you could right now issue echo $TZ in a client session even when it is not set in the client's .profile
  2. The problem is usually the default timezones do not always have the correct offsets. I usually just modify the /etc/profile The correct offsets are, IIRC (to be verified with man timezone or man TZ) 3:5-10:5, 5 meaning 'The last Sunday'
--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA