Re: Comparative between DB2, Informix and Oracle

From: rkusenet <usenet.rk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:51:24 -0400

"Obnoxio The Chav" <obnoxio_at_serendipita.com> wrote in message news:1113338347.8c17b8834b9d0fded8128cbfeb8779a4_at_teranews...

> Serge Rielau said:
>> Once you are on EGL (still with IDS (!)), you are in a position to move
>> to DB2 without having to worry about that part any more.
>>
>> Going to DB2 will you also won't have to worry about incompatible
>> isolation levels which may require rewriting your app logic.
>
> Or you _could_ just stay on IDS... <rolls eyes>

that reminds me of a hilarious ad I saw in some site. Sponsored by Microsoft. it said "A STUDY BY < some company > SHOWS THAT IT MAY COST UPTO THREE TIMES TO SWITCH TO LINUX THAN CONTINUE USING WINDOWS". It took me few seconds to decipher what it actually meant: "A study by < some company > shows that it may cost upto 3 times to switch to linux than do nothing".

HA HA. Obviously a factually correct statement and one with no dispute. Received on Tue Apr 12 2005 - 15:51:24 CDT