10.1.0.3 (x86-64) on SuSE 9 (2.6.5-7.147-smp) on EM64T (Dell)

From: Mark Wallace <m.wallace_at_computer._nospam_.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:38:01 -0700

Does anyone have this running under somewhat heavy load?

We finally got through the install and are now attempting to migrate (via Export/Import) our 25GB Oracle database from 8.1.7.4 on an older box. Running the import locks the machine (it answers a ping, but the console is dead; physical off/on cycle needed). We pass all pre-install and RDA checks.

The import gets around 10% of the way through (judging from its log file), in a little less than an hour. We did not appear to run out of disk. df -k shows over 16GB available, and no tablespace is near capacity. In any event, I wouldn't expect that to crash the engine, let alone the O/S. Alert Log does not indicate any problems before the crash. During import, Redo Logs are cycling at around one every two minutes (and they are 1GB logfiles). I set every object in the main schema to "nologging" but that doesn't seem to have had any effect on the import. Objects have been pre-created in new tablespaces (ignore=y) because of previous problems in space allocation parameters.

Again, does anyone have this 64-bit technology stack running under moderate to heavy load?

TIA, Mark Received on Tue Apr 12 2005 - 15:38:01 CDT