Fast way to move database from 8.1.7 to 9iR2 in windows

From: Ora Dummy <oradummy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Apr 2005 09:20:56 -0700

 Hi,

I have two machines, and i want to move the data from Oracle 8.1.7 to another Oracle 9iR2 in another machine. The Windows is 2000 Server SP4.

Is my only option using imp/exp?

I know if the Oracle versions are the same, I can use the create database and then resetlog option (using the alter database backup control file)

But my Oracle versions are not the same though my OS are.

Ora Dummy. Received on Tue Apr 12 2005 - 11:20:56 CDT