Re: Space Management w/ LMTs

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:18:01 +1000

bdbafh_at_gmail.com apparently said,on my timestamp of 12/04/2005 5:03 AM:

> I've been battling getting ORA-907 errors since 8.1.7 during import,
> still an issue in 10.1, so I'm used to pre-creating all tables (no
> indexes or referential integrity) prior to import.
> So I guess that I've never noticed this behavior.
>
> My point is, just pre-create the tables without dependent objects and
> let import create the rest of the objects for you. Yes, there could be
> some advantages to also manually creating the indexes ... (nologging,
> parallel, partitioned, compressed) but that's optional.

One of the most important things to do with any export approach:

export full=y rows=n file=skel.dmp yaddayadda....

Takes all of 5 minutes even on the largest dbs. Then use import from skel.dmp with all sorts of variations to quickly do all manner of manipulations of the original schema.

I'm rediscovering the joys of export/import right now due to a particularly prickly situation I've got to deal with at the current job...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto