Re: sqlloader rejecting number

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 11 Apr 2005 20:15:22 -0700

viss..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a field in csv file that I intend to load into number column.
> The csv field contains all numeric but sqlloader is rejecting data.
> Data loads if I declare the column as varchar2. But then when I try
> convert to a number using to_number, I get invalid number error from
> oracle. How can I resolve this ?
>
> Any help is appreciated
>
> Vissu

Obviously this is not a number, else ORacle would have taken it as such and you'd be done. Posting the errant records was, apparently, not necessary. Unfortunately my crystal ball is still in the shop.

You have an answer commensurate with the information you supplied. Provide more, receive more.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Apr 11 2005 - 22:15:22 CDT