Re: create database and new instance

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:05:34 GMT

DA Morgan wrote:

> orclnewbee_at_gmail.com wrote:
>

>> Hi guys I am new to oracle - I am a informix dba.
>> I was experimenting and wanted to start learning oracle.
>> I have installaed oracle 9 on my windows XP and wanted to create a new
>> instance and a new database on it.
>> Please guide me.

> First off ... learn the language.[...]

> What you likely
> want is to create a schema which is a combination of a
> userid and password.

[...]

Well, I know what you mean, and you know what you mean, but as long as we're trying to help someone learn a new "language", let's be more precise.

"A schema is a collection of database objects. A schema is owned by a database user and has the same name as that user."

Wouldn't want someone to think that every user in the database is a schema owner...

-Mark Bole Received on Mon Apr 11 2005 - 15:05:34 CDT