Re: Space Management w/ LMTs

From: <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2005 12:03:50 -0700

Joel,

I've been battling getting ORA-907 errors since 8.1.7 during import, still an issue in 10.1, so I'm used to pre-creating all tables (no indexes or referential integrity) prior to import. So I guess that I've never noticed this behavior.

My point is, just pre-create the tables without dependent objects and let import create the rest of the objects for you. Yes, there could be some advantages to also manually creating the indexes ... (nologging, parallel, partitioned, compressed) but that's optional.

-bdbafh Received on Mon Apr 11 2005 - 14:03:50 CDT