Re: Are Oracle DBAs trivialized?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:12:46 -0700

bdbafh_at_gmail.com wrote:

> Daniel,
>

>>Most DBAs are totally incompetent and deserve little if any respect.

> Well, isn't it everyone's dream in US employment to reach their level
> of incompetence?
> By the way, that is supposed to be a joke.
> Obsolescence and outsourcing should scare them out of complacency.
>
> You left off pl/sql coding.
> Dataguard is only useful to those running EE.
> I'd say that System Administration and Security would be areas worthy
> of study, also but I doubt that Domenic (OP) could actually get any
> security-related changes implemented.
>
> -bdbafh

So is partitioning option. But any DBA that doesn't have EE installed on a machine at home, or a laptop so that they can study the technology is not doing their job. To return to my physician analogy ... you don't learn about neurosurgery after the patient is on the gurney.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington