Oracle Spatial Replacement

From: Mark <mstern_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: 11 Apr 2005 05:06:49 -0700

We are working on a development project that requires some spatial operations, particularly using spatial extensions in SQL statements.

We are using Oracle as the database, and had intended to use Oracle Spatial.

However the production system will run on a corporate database cluster and because of the Oracle licencing requirements (Oracle Spatial has to be licenced for every CPU), the total cost is too great for the project.

So my question is. Is there a third party add-in product that provides the functionality of Oracle Spatial available?

I know that there is a simpilar third party product for SQL Server developed by Map Ino.

MTIA Mark Stern Received on Mon Apr 11 2005 - 07:06:49 CDT