Problem with Float data type

From: siva <popuri.siva_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2005 02:30:37 -0700

Hi Experts,
I am facing insert problem with float data field of oracle. I have a table having a field with float(126) data type. I am inserting data using OLEDB programming. The problem is that the exact data that i am inserting is not storing in the database.
If I insert 8.4 through OLEDB programming,it is storing in the database as 8.400000000000004.
If I insert 8.4 through sql plus and read through OLEDB programming it is coming as 8.400000000000004.

Why is this happenning? i want the exact data

Thanks in advance?
Siva. Received on Mon Apr 11 2005 - 04:30:37 CDT