Cann't create trigger in 8i through DBLink to Oracle9i

From: Amit Bhatnagar via DBMonster.com <forum_at_nospam.DBMonster.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:25:42 GMT

I have Oracle installations

1. Box1:  Release 8.1.7.4.1
2. Box2: Release 9.2.0.1.0
3. Box3: Release 9.2.0.5.0

I created a link on Box1 to Box2 and then tried to create an after insert trigger on Box1.TABLE1, this trigger will insert a record in Box2.Table via DBLink but when I ran this query, it failed to got created, and compilation error raised.
I replaced the Box2 to Box3 and repeated the process, it got completed successfully and trigger created well.
Is there bug with Box2: Release 9.2.0.1.0 which restrict to insert a record via DBLink? is it because of a partch "9.2.0.5.0" installed on Box3 which support this kind of insert in PL SQL block. Please let me know if I need to upgrade Box2: Release 9.2.0.1.0  with the above patch. If this problem lies somewhere else then also what could be the reason and what are the probable solutions .....solution ASAP appreciated.