ORA:1461 error

From: Nabarun <nabarunc_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Apr 2005 23:34:12 -0700

Hi,

I am getting this error while trying to inset a long value in my database through a c client. This is the error;
---

Unsupported character found during conversion has been replaced with '?'.
ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column
---

These are the two environment set up;

  1. In my client application The NLS_LANG value is set to japanese_japan.ja16euc and in the database the NLS_CHARACTERSET is set to WE8MSWIN1252.
  2. In my client application the NLS_LANG value is set to american_america.we8iso8859p1 and in the database the NLS_CHARACTERSET is set to UTF8.

In both the cases, I am entering long values written in english. It would be a great help if you can kindly tell me where I am messing it up and how can I rectify it.

Thanks.
Nabarun Received on Sun Apr 10 2005 - 01:34:12 CDT