Re: 'create tablespace' question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 22:13:08 +0200

On 9 Apr 2005 12:00:11 -0700, "mea0730" <mea0730-google_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>thanks, that worked!!! Thanks for the "constructive" help and for not
>giving me a hard time when certain people (Sybrand) don't know the
>whole story. There is a reason for doing what I'm doing, I don't feel
>like I need to explain it.

Technically speaking there is NO reason for doing it, especially as all those datafiles are located on the same filesystem, and you could set up an OEM fixit job to automatically add those extra datafiles. And you posting your version was apparently too difficult for you, so I don't think you are entitled to blame for not ''knowing the whole story". You didn't post it in the first place! If you take offense in this reply, rest assured next time I will ignore you.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA