Re: MUPSERT IN TRIGGER

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 09:28:13 -0700

Serge Rielau wrote:

> DA Morgan wrote:
>

>> I'm not running a lot of Oracle on Apple Mac's under OS X Server
>> and you haven't even made it to Linux. That is a sorry state of
>> affairs.
>>
>> We may need to chip in and get you a real operating system as
>> well as a real database. Should we take up a collection?

> While we're at it I presume I should also kick out my T40 mainframe
> laptop and replace it with a cluster of PDAs. The money saved can then
> be reinvested into a distributed OS running on those.. playing DJ for
> dead batteries, clutter on the desk, tripping over wires all in the name
> of progress. God forbid I need to apply a new distro of PalmOS ;-)
>
> Cheers
> Serge

Of course not ... get a Mac mini. Under $500 and you get a real computer. Connect that to an iPOD and you'd be amazed at what you can do.

The one negative is that to run Oracle on the Mac mini requires the Server version of the operating system. I am currently working with Apple to get them to release a free or very low cost version of it for those working with Oracle.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington