Re: Put code inside or outside database?

From: Randy Harris <randy_at_SpamFree.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:22:06 GMT

"Cris Carampa" <cris119_at_operamail.com> wrote in message news:42568e6c$0$8085$5fc30a8_at_news.tiscali.it...
> GeoPappas wrote:
>
> > What does your place of employment currently do? What do you think is
> > the "best practice"?
>
> Put all the DML logic and query logic in the database using packages (no
> SQL statements in the application), put everything else (data
> presentation, user interface, etc) in the application.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> --
> Cris Carampa (cris119_at_operamail.com)
>
> - We're gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like?
> - Cool?

Cris, I wonder if I could trouble you to elaborate a bit. I'm trying to learn some "best practices." Why do I not want SQL statements in my application? If I need a query to retrieve an undetermined number of rows, don't I need to execute the SQL from the application? Received on Fri Apr 08 2005 - 16:22:06 CDT