Re: Challenge: Partitioning is a wrong idea

From: MBPP <mpacheco_at_directnet.com.br>
Date: 8 Apr 2005 09:44:22 -0700

Another scenario where partition is good. We have a data warehouse database with many fact tables loaded daily from more than 100 companies worldwide. One of the tables is an "item" table where the PK is COMPANY_CODE and ITEM_CODE. We partitioned the table by company and after we load, check and tranform the data sent by a specific company in a temporary table (with the same structure) we just exchange this table with the specific company partition (ALTER TABLE ... EXCHANGE PARTITION). It takes just 1/100 second, minimum availability interruption, minimal lock, etc. Received on Fri Apr 08 2005 - 11:44:22 CDT