Re: exporting from Unix 8 and importing to linux 9 generates IMP-00009: abnormal end of export error

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 7 Apr 2005 15:28:49 -0700

wayne wrote:
> Howdy,
> I'm trying to do an import of a V08.01.07 into a 9.2.0.4.0 and ran
into
> error: IMP-00009 abnormal end of export file
> which means the file is bad. Now from what I can tell, I should not
> have issues going up from 8 to 9.
> But before I cry bad file bad file, is there an issue going from
> flavorSavor unix (i think solaris) to linux?
> The 8 database is on unix and my 9 is on linux.
>
> Thanks!
> Wayne
>

> IMP-00009 abnormal end of export file
>
> Cause: The export file is probably from an aborted Export session.
>
> Action: If so, retry the export and import. Otherwise, report this as
> an Import bug and submit the export file that caused this error to
> Oracle Customer Support.
>
> ------------------------------------
>

> oracle_at_linux:/data/tmp> . createtables.sh
>
> Import: Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production on Thu Apr 7 13:47:22 2005
>
> Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
>

> Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 -
> Production
> With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options
> JServer Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
>
> Export file created by EXPORT:V08.01.07 via direct path
> import done in US7ASCII character set and UTF8 NCHAR character set
> import server uses WE8ISO8859P1 character set (possible charset
> conversion)
> export client uses WE8ISO8859P1 character set (possible charset
> conversion)
> export server uses WE8ISO8859P1 NCHAR character set (possible
ncharset
> conversion)
> IMP-00009: abnormal end of export fileSegmentation fault

One wonders if the file size limits on your release on linux are smaller than the same limits on 'flavorSavor' unix. Also, was the file transferred via ftp, and was ASCII mode used? Such transfers must be done in binary mode. You provide no such information in your original post, so supplying such now would help tremendously.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Apr 07 2005 - 17:28:49 CDT