exporting from Unix 8 and importing to linux 9 generates IMP-00009: abnormal end of export error

From: wayne <waynemcfadden_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2005 15:18:57 -0700

Howdy,
I'm trying to do an import of a V08.01.07 into a 9.2.0.4.0 and ran into error: IMP-00009 abnormal end of export file which means the file is bad. Now from what I can tell, I should not have issues going up from 8 to 9.
But before I cry bad file bad file, is there an issue going from flavorSavor unix (i think solaris) to linux? The 8 database is on unix and my 9 is on linux.

Thanks!
Wayne

IMP-00009 abnormal end of export file

Cause: The export file is probably from an aborted Export session.

Action: If so, retry the export and import. Otherwise, report this as an Import bug and submit the export file that caused this error to Oracle Customer Support.

oracle_at_linux:/data/tmp> . createtables.sh

Import: Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production on Thu Apr 7 13:47:22 2005

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production

Export file created by EXPORT:V08.01.07 via direct path import done in US7ASCII character set and UTF8 NCHAR character set import server uses WE8ISO8859P1 character set (possible charset conversion)
export client uses WE8ISO8859P1 character set (possible charset conversion)
export server uses WE8ISO8859P1 NCHAR character set (possible ncharset conversion)
IMP-00009: abnormal end of export fileSegmentation fault Received on Thu Apr 07 2005 - 17:18:57 CDT