Re: Challenge: Partitioning is a wrong idea

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 7 Apr 2005 12:52:24 -0700

Have you read Jonathon Lewis's book? He has about 50 pages I think about partitioning.

Also Tom Kyte's effective oracle by design. Chapter 1 "all of it" plus at least the section on partitioning or not?

You need to understand a bunch more about the subject ( my opinion ).

Remember "no silver bullets" just a lot of techniques that can be very useful if you understand the pro's and con's, when to use them, when not to, how to test whether they are useful for your environment or not.

"It depends" ... but you need to do a bunch more legwork. Received on Thu Apr 07 2005 - 14:52:24 CDT