Re: Sporadic ORA-04030 , part tres

From: <ed.stevens_at_comcast.net>
Date: 7 Apr 2005 09:57:06 -0700

bdb..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Ed,
>
> Have you been examining v$sesstat for pga usage per session?
>
> Its probably not an option, but if you were to not use
> pga_aggregate_target with dedicated server connections ... the pga
> memory would be associated with the user process ... after you
> uninstall windows and install a certified Linux distribution.
> (something that I'm sure that you are aware of).
>
> Perhaps a migration of the oracle database server OS would be less
> painful than a recoding of the application?
>
> I know far too well that the trace files for 4030s in 10g have far
more
> detail than in 9.2. Have you tested this against 10.1.0.4 yet?
>
> -bdbafh

I have no doubt that moving to a 'real' OS would be "A Good Thing" (tm), but they aren't going to do it on the word of a disgruntled DBA. They continue to look for us to come up with a painless silver bullet. If one exists (extremely doubtful) I need to find it. If one does not exist (almost a certainty) I need to be able to demonstrate why. Received on Thu Apr 07 2005 - 11:57:06 CDT