Re: Recovery Question

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 7 Apr 2005 09:40:03 -0700

David,

I'm simply trying to understand what is happening here. We took a hot backup of all of our tablespaces last night as well as a backup of the control file.

I copied those files to a second server and tried to open the database.  It told me that the system tablespace needed media recovery. I do not understand this since it was just a simple copy from a hot backup.

At any rate, I started the recovery. The backup was taken at 8:00pm last night. It is now applying logs from 1:00am this morning. How can that be is all the datafiles and control files were from 8:00pm last night.

That is what I am trying to make sense of. Received on Thu Apr 07 2005 - 11:40:03 CDT